Wayne Dalton Garage Door Openers 1 2 or 3 Button Remote Control Quantum™ and Classicdrive™ Coding Instructions
NOTE: You must change the transmitter's code before programming the transmitter to the motor head unit.
The following steps describe the process to change a Quantum™ and Classicdrive™ security code.
This process only works fro transmitters with a GREEN LED and a "U" in their model number, such as "02-3047 2B U" or "02-3047 2B UH".
Changing the Transmitter Code
1. Press and hold the button on the transmitter that you want to change. The GREEN LED will flash once and then turn off.
2. Continue to hold the button until the GREEN LED begins to flash (approx. 10 seconds).
3. When the GREEN LED flashes, immediately release the button and then immediately press and hold the same button again. The GREEN LED will now come on steady.
4. Continue to hold the button until the GREEN LED begins to flash (approx. 5 seconds).
5. When the GREEN LED flashes, immediately release the button.
6. The code for this button has now been changed to a new randomly generated code. Do not push the button again until instructed in "Programming Transmitter to Power Head Unit".
7. You must now re-program this transmitter to the motor head unit. See "Programming Transmitter to Power Head Unit".
Programming Transmitter to Power Head Unit
1. Press the PROGRAM button located on the garage door motor head unit once. The PROGRAM STATUS light on the motor head unit will turn on and remain lit for one minute, indicating that it is ready to learn the Transmitter code.
2. Press the same button on transmitter as you did in "Changing Transmitter's Code" above. The PROGRAM STATUS light will turn off indicating a successful learn.
3. Press the same button on the Transmitter once more to operate the door.
4. If you are unsuccessful in programming the transmitter to the motor head unit of if the button does not operate the door or if you wish to program another button to operate a different door, you must change the transmitter's code.
If the LED does not turn on when button is pressed, replace battery.